OSS IntegratorUsually engineer uses web or desktop client to access information in operations support systems that he need to get work done. However, during maintenance or repair works at BTS site, using of OSS systems is limited due to:
• Desktop versions of OSS applications could not be used due to low bandwidth or other reasons;
• Thin clients are not always optimized for mobile device screen size;
• Even if mobile application of OSS system is available, very often to perform particular task engineer need relevant information from several systems (Trouble Ticketing, Fault Management, Network Resource Inventory, etc.).
These restrictions decrease efficiency and increase the duration of works.
OSS Integrator allows engineer to get necessary information from different operations support systems, and display it in relevant to his task form on mobile device. Usage scenario is shown in picture below.
1. Engineer logins to OSS Mobile client via OTP.
2. He chooses “get / update Work Orders”.
3. OSS Mobile Client requests OSS Integrator for list of WO for the engineer (his group).
4. OSS Integrator makes request to a Trouble Ticketing system via API or DB query. TT System replies with list of work orders (WO) that are assigned to engineer’s group.
5. OSS Integrator updates list of WO with additional attributes from Network Resources Inventory Management System, such as geographic coordinates of sites.
6. Engineer can scroll through the list of Work Orders and see correspondent locations on Google map.
7. Engineer can request access to a site from menu …
8. … and get list of active events from equipment on the site.
9. After repair / maintenance works engineer can add comment to WO or close it directly from OSS Mobile Client.
As a result:
1. Field operations are more efficient.
2. Information in OSS Systems is accurate and up-to-date.